Feminism // Why I am a feminist

14:27

I don't usally do posts like this, well this would be my second "rant post'. I only do them about things I am passionate about, the je suis charlie and now this, feminism. I think that people still to this day don't quite grasp the concept. Feminism is about 'equality of the sexes' not one being better then the other or about men hating, it is about wanting everyone to be equal. I think it is a shame that there still are a few people that think that feminism is a bunch of aggressive women with hairy armpits who run around shouting about how unjust the world is. No. It is simply wanting the sexes to be equal. 

I feel like every single person in this world should be a feminist, Why not? Why not be a feminist? Why do some people believe that women are second and are not equal? It baffles me to see that when you type into google 'feminist' there are articles like 'why I am not a feminist', 'Feminist hate men' or 'I'm not a feminist because its to much of a label'. Now I am not one to tell anyone their opinion is wrong but I kind think they don't quite get it. Feminism isn't about only having female prime minster's or having the woman be the main bread winner of the house it is about the possibility of having a female prime minster and that both men and women can contribute equality to a household. It all about equality. Thats it, in its simplest form. 

I don't think that people should be scared to label themselves as a feminist either. I know that is has a kind of negative connotation to it (which I feel is very very wrong) but the only way to break that connotation is to make people aware of that feminism is about equality. No that females are better. 

I think that we really need to help cast that message across the world especially to places like Saudi Arabia where women can't be drive a car or vote. To get this message to the women who are getting acid thrown in there face or to places where a school girl is getting shot in the face because she said she wanted girls to get the same education as men. And if you say you are not a feminist but you agree that all these things are 'unjust' then guess what you are a feminist. 
I am happy to say I am a feminist. I am a feminist who wears a bra, shaves my armpits,wants to have children and the option to say at home and look after them, LOVES fashion and make up, loves my dad and my brother, thinks its sweet when a date holds the door open for me and does other romantic things like that. In the words of Zooey Deschanel 

"There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can’t be feminine and be feminists and be successful? I want to be a fucking feminist and wear a fucking Peter Pan collar. So fucking what"



And if you don't take my word for it listen to Beyonce 

TTFN X  (sorry about the heavy)

You Might Also Like

0 comments